Annotation and learning objectives
The course provide an opportunity for students to learn and practice how to use the basics of the Kanban method to manage projects and project items.
As a result of the course the students are expected to adequately visualize the work and find the balance between demand and capacity to prioritize project work better. They will be able to describe the value of using a kanban system and explain how it can contribute to the success of projects and organization. The students practice Kanban in a realistic online simulation, using real-life tool - Kanbanize.
Modules included in the course
- What is Kanban
- Kanban practices
- Applying Kanban in team
- The Kanban method
- Project management with Kanban
- Core concepts of the Kanban method.
- Kanban change management principles
- General practices of the Kanban method
- Classes of services
- Agile project management with Kanban
- Apply Kanban practices
- Manage WIP limits to improve flow.
- Facilitate Kanban meetings to focus on the work and allow the team to organize around it
- Establish and maintain "Pull" system
- Build and use basic metrics and charts
- Use Kanban method for agile project management
Kanban-related content was designed by Kanban University (KU) for the official KU "Team Kanban Practitioner" (TKP) class. Ivaylo Gueorguiev developed Project-related supplement to the TKP class. The course is delivered as a practicum in an executive IT Project Management Master Program jointly organized by the New Bulgarian University and the Institute on Mathematics and Informatics at the Bulgarian Academy of Science.
The students attending the course achieve KU "Team Kanban Practitioner" (TKP) certificate.