The European Software Institute (ESI) Center Bulgaria was established in December 2003 as an initiative of ESI (Spain), BASSCOM (Bulgarian Association of Software Companies), with the support of the Ministry of Transport and Communications, UNDP (Bulgaria) and USAID (Bulgaria). At the end of April 2006, ESI (Spain) honoured ESI Center Bulgaria with a unique award – for its contribution to developing best practices in Public Private Partnership in the IT sector and its achievements in regional cooperation. In July 2007 ESI Center Bulgaria was officially authorized to operate under the name ESI CENTER EASTERN EUROPE.
ESI Center Eastern Europe implements large-scale projects at national and regional levels in more than 12 countries in strategic partnership with national USAID programs, EBRD (BAS/TAM), World Bank, UNDP, GTZ, and other public and private funds. At the regional level, ESI Center works on multi-country projects for USAID-RCI (Regional Competitiveness Initiative) and GTZ-ORF (Open Regional Fund for Foreign Trade Promotion in South-East Europe).
With the support of:
The signing of the agreement to establish ESI Center Bulgaria. From left to right: Mr. George Sharkov, Chairman BASSCOM, Mr. Manu Prego, Director ESI, and Mr. Orlin Kuzov, President ICTDA. October, 2002, ESI, Technology Park Zamudio, Bilbao.
ESI Center Bulgaria Initial Mission and Activities:
- Complete cycle of services in Software Process Improvement:
- Consulting, training and appraisals in implementing methodologies for process maturity - CMM®I, strategic management – BITS™, efficient software development - REUSE ™, software process assessment – SPICE.
- Assistance and monitoring in national and regional scale IT project implementation to promote efficiency in solutions for e-government, e-justice, e-commerce and industry competitiveness.
- Development of long-term projects in key technological areas: to promote capacity building, standards of excellence in R&D and use of IT.
- Strengthening relations among academic research, education and software industry for joint participation in R&D projects, and provision of practical experience for young software specialists.
- Raising IT awareness for all members of society by managing projects to enhance and test IT skills and develop e-readiness among society and businesses.
ESI Centers Global Alliance
ESI Center Bulgaria was a founder of ESI Centers Global Alliance is part of a global pool for knowledge and experience. ESI Centers Global Alliance Members were:
- ESICenter TEC de Monterrey, Guadalajara, Mexico www.itesm.mx
- ESICenter UNISINOS, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil www.esicenter.unisinos.br
- ESICenter Australia, Melbourne, Australia www.seanational.com.au
- ESICenter SSEAC, Shanghai, China
On May 20, 2014 (Tuesday) we have celebrated with partners and friends the e-leadership initiative in Europe and the 10th anniversary of ESI CEE!
ESI Center was a co-organizer of 1-day regional cluster event on e-leadership and e-competences in IT-intensive industries.
It took place in Sofia, Bulgaria (at the New Bulgarian University) and was complemented by our 10years anniversary party the same evening.
Dr. Paul Nielsen from SEI (Carnegie Mellon University), Richard M. Soley from OMG (Object Management Group), André Richier from the European Commission DG Enterprise and Industry, and other distinguished speakers delivered keynote talks and joined the anniversary event.
Read more about the conference here: https://eskills-guide.eu/events/bulgaria/