Want greater visibility and collaboration?
- Learn and practice the essential practices of Kanban
- Design and implement a team Kanban board
- Earn Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential
The Kanban Method
Kanban is a lightweight method based on the Lean principles, focused on a gradual and seamless transformation of organizations into adaptive, customer value-centric, and efficient bodies. Its practices of workflow visualization, rapid bottleneck identification and resolution, management and continuous improvement help effectively adapt to the changing customers’ and business needs, shorten delivery time, optimize resource utilization, balance demand and team capacity, reduce waste in processes, increase product and service quality, and strengthen stakeholder collaboration.
Kanban fosters collaboration and engagement among team members in a natural way. It requires relatively little effort to put in place and is suitable for both small and large teams.
The course is a must for everyone who needs to rationalize project workflow, Scrum practices, resources or service management. It is aimed at managers, team leaders and team members who are interested in applying the Kanban method.
You will learn and practice how to use the basics of the Kanban method in order to manage your work in a way that you and your teammates do not feel overburden. As a result of the training, you will be able to effectively visualize the work and find the balance between demand and capacity in order to better prioritize your work and decrease the volume of “urgent” work items. You will be able to describe the value of using a kanban system and explain how it can contribute to the success of your team and organization. The training includes a basic simulation of working in a kanban team.
Benefits of the course
At the end of this intensive course participants will be able to explain and apply:
- The basic concepts of Kanban and their application in the particular context of the organization
- How to decrease multi-tasking
- Effective visualization of the work items and blockers
- Effective facilitation of and participation in daily meetings
- Visual balancing of demand and capacity on personal and team levels
- Apply Kanban in Scrum teams
- Use of Kanban for effectively organizing teamwork
- Main reasons for overburdening
- Core Kanban concepts
- Ticket design
- Personal/Team Board
- Service Proto-Kanban
- Work in progress limits
- Kanban system
- Service Kanban
- Daily meeting
- Service delivery workflow
- Design of a task board for a single team
- Getting started with Kanban
- Kanban in Scrum teams
The course will be delivered by Ivaylo Gueorguiev, Accredited Kanban Trainer by Lean Kanban University. Ivaylo is a process improvement professional, Agile coach and trainer with 15 years of experience in working with international software development companies, Fintechs, and banks on getting better projects, products and business results through effective processes and Agile practices.
What you will get
- 8 hours of high quality training focused on the participants’ needs
- Course materials in electronic format (pdf format)
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) Team Kanban Practitioner certificate
- Membership in the Lean-Kanban University
Seats for public courses available for 9.10.2019 and 20.11.2019.
Book your seat at via(at)esicenter(dot)bg.