The Competition for the 2022 John Atanasoff Award Has Been Launched
The competition for the 2022 John Atanasoff Award, an initiative of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria, has been launched! The 20th edition of the John Atanasoff Presidential Award initiative was launched in early July this year. The competition, which is held annually, is named after the world-famous inventor of Bulgarian origin John Atanasoff, one of the creators of the first electronic digital computer with regenerative memory.
The John Atanasoff Presidential Award initiative was launched in 2003. It is aimed at young Bulgarian scientists and researchers in the field of computer science and aims to highlight their excellence worldwide. Among the laureates of the award of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria are many of the heads of research centres of the world's leading research institutes and multinational companies working in the field of computer science.
Participants in the 2022 competition will compete for awards in the following categories:
- John Atanasoff Award of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- John Atanasoff - Students and their teachers. A category with two diplomas. The first for successes achieved throughout the year in international olympiads, competitions and contests in informatics. The second diploma is awarded for successes achieved throughout the year in international olympiads, competitions and contests in information technology.
- John Atanasoff - A project of great public contribution.
- John Atanasoff - A debut breakthrough in the field of computer technology.
- John Atanasoff - An inspirer and creator of talents.
The winners of the John Atanasoff Presidential Initiative Award will be determined by a jury of leading computer scientists and educators. The deadline to apply for the John Atanasoff Presidential Award categories is September 9, 2022. The rules for each of the categories and the documents required to enter the competition are published on the Official Presidential Website.
Additional information can be obtained by calling +359 2 923 92 07 and +359 2 923 93 93, as well as e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org